|January 1, 2009
Subject: Trails Preservation Alliance 2008 End of Year ReportThe Board of Directors (BOD) wants all TPA supporters and donors to be aware of the actions we have taken during 2008 to protect the sport of motorcycle trail riding in Colorado.
Since 2008 was our start-up year, we incurred numerous preliminary costs to establish a web site and an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) organization. These one-time costs and our ongoing costs for IRS accounting and reporting are time consuming and expensive. Be assured that your TPA BOD is making a concerted effort to reduce our overhead operating costs and to maximize donations that go towards supporting TPA goals.
Listed below are the major efforts undertaken by the TPA in 2008. It is hard to judge success in many of these areas, since measurable success may not come for some time. However, the TPA has been successful in establishing itself as a working partner with the FS and BLM on motorcycle trail riding issues. Please see our web site news section for updates on the most current issues.
• Alpine Trail Systems
• BLM Grand Junction Field Office Support
• Colorado Motorcycle Clubs
• Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition ( COHVCO)
• Correspondence with FS Chief
• Fundraiser Activity Support
• GNF TMP Issue Still ongoing, expected to be a major effort in 2009
• GNF/Taylor Park Trail TPA trail crew performed extensive trail maintenance
• Moab RMP
• NF FS and BLM Office Participation
• Position Papers
• RMP Protest
• San Juan Trail Riders Support Assisted in TMP issues with Pagosa FS district and San Juan NF recreation planning
• SMEs – Forest Service TMP/DEIS and BLM RMP Issues
• WR TMP/SDEIS Response
• Utah Motorcycle Organization Support
The TPA BOD appreciates the support and donations from motorcycle riders throughout the United States provided to the TPA in 2008. 2009 will be a critical year in our ongoing efforts to protect our sport.
If you have any comments or suggestions on TPA plans and actions, please let us know. Thank you for your support.
*Statement of Financial Position is attached in PDF.
PO Box 38093
Colorado Springs, CO 80937